Monday, January 19, 2009

One Love... Hip Hop Forever

One Love, Now Rest In Piece

Beats foretold the story as it started moving...
Of breakers n painters painting a movement of music...
A genre so mysterious chipucabra aint ish...
One spin and a break there as the spray can spits...
Leaving scriptures of pictures all over...
Telling the story of this decayed city's soldiers...
How this "nothing" becomes something N grows bolder...
As "this" starst appearing around every street corner...
Ed Koch declared war spending millions...
No not against robberies, larsony, & Killings...
This man fought the ink & pens instead of stopping the spillin...
He had no blood on his hands just damn paint from buildings..
But "this" wins and is deemed the queen...
Yes ladies & Gentlemen she shows to be the one supreme...
Growth occurs as more of "it" returns...
Her knowledge dropped wasnt too hard to learn...
She spread her knowledge not knowing the consequence...
And developed these strange new elements that complement...
No emcee without a DJ which gave birth to break dance...
Graff tagged maps to say Hip Hop now stands...
But everyone around tried knocking it down...
But it was already successfull bound...
To hearts, minds, and souls pushing goals...
To reach dreams envisioned like wishing roads...

Then...

She taught me. loved me, and said good bye to me...
Kissed me on the cheek and then I heard a snap beat...
She died while I'm the one left alive...
As her imposters tried to say she was revived...
Well sorry to say this but they had lied...
If she was still alive, she'd stay up nights to cry...
Feeling her pain I stay awake asking why?...
Matter of fact you can still hear my soul cry...
This desecration was from her own creation...
With record label help, came this Rap Nation...
Claiming to be Hip Hop, but those liars ain't related..
When she died, she told me she ain't gon Claim em.. (Rap Today)
On my heart she graff'd her name...
Gifting this emcee and keeping me sane..
Rose me as a child even when I was into wild games..
but she died before she taught me to break dance...
I still love her and forever will...
In my heart forever so cleverly concealed...
But I'm never ashamed to reveal...
My love for Her, Hip Hop in its essence is too real...
But with her gone I spread her life to everyone...
Educating those miseducated thinking its about guns...
No drugs and disrespect, that ain't what she wants...
She ain't teach that, her son Rap was the one...
So rest in piece my love and much respect...
Ill never forget your teachings before your untimely death..
Hopefully now you can finally rest...
One Love... and ill NEVER forget...